SALES TRAINING: UNDERSTANDING THE POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
Understanding the political landscape in any medium to large organisation is often overlooked. During this sales training course, your teams will learn:
- How to understand the political landscape
- When to get involved
- How to use it to their advantage
Most organisations play political games. The trick is to understand the rules of the games and the part you can legitimately play. It’s easy to establish the formal structure of the business, but it’s the informal structure, that if unlocked, can provide a real competitive edge.
A two day event, with one month in between each day to put learning into practise. We also recommend our follow up course: Understanding the Competitive Landscape for ongoing learning.
This programme will enable attendees to:
- Identify the differences between the formal and informal structures
- Understand why internal politics are important to sales people
- How to make sense of the politics
- Establish the movers and shakers in a key account
- Leverage existing contacts through engagement and investigation techniques
- Map the members of the Persuasive Core
- Build influential relationships with HILDA
- How to become a powerful influencer
- Build strategies to find HILDA
- Plan your strategic engagement
STYLE & STRUCTURE
This is a two day workshop with a month in between each day. It combines theory, interactive discussion and practical exercises. Each delegate will be expected to fully engage with the topics and to embrace challenging their comfort zones. The classroom is a great place to learn – you’re supposed to make mistakes and the only stupid question is the one you don’t ask!
ASSESSMENT & POST COURSE SUPPORT
Attendees will receive coaching and feedback on a weekly basis for a further four weeks following the course.